The grant proposal summary and cover letter, along with the Manager's independent study will be presented to the Foundation's Grant Committee. That Committee makes the final decision as to the merit of each grant request and the availability of funds.
Criteria to be considered will include:
- the seriousness of problem being addressed
- clarity of the project's goals and objectives
- the potential for success
- ability to secure funding from other sources
- board participation and community support
- availability of Foundation funds
- Grants are made for charitable purposes to non-profit, tax exempt organizations in Taney County and surrounding regions.
- The Foundation is interested in grants for "pilot projects" that are both needed and have good chances of success.
- Grant requests will be encouraged for needed projects, unique in character, which do not duplicate existing services
- Organizations should normally submit only one grant application during a calendar year.
- Grants are not usually made for routine operating needs, annual fund raising or endowments.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, although assistance ultimately benefits individuals.
- Qualified organizations seeking grant support may call and discuss the proposed project prior to submitting a proposal.
- A cover letter signed by the chief officer of the governing board which briefly describes the project.
- The background of the organization.
- A list of governing Board of Directors.
- Current operating budget for organizations.
- The concept and objectives of the project.Number of people expected to be served.
- The amount of grant requested and itemized breakdown of expenditure.
- Benefits to be derived.
- Other data supporting project, including amount and other sources of funding.
- A copy of most recent 501(c)(3) tax exemption letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
Unsolicited grant proposals will be accepted at any time to be reviewed by the Foundation Manager and presented to the Foundation's Grant Committee on a semi-annual basis. Grant application deadlines are March 1 and August 1 of each year.
- Poverty and hunger
- Education Scholarships
- Broad national health issues
- Youth camps and programs
- Senior citizens programs